Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

is it possible and how exactly shall be done addition of a 128GB SSD disk to Pavilion All-In-One 27-a150ny-Y6W91EA pc? I want to keep existing 1TB 7200rpms hard drive while adding new SSD drive. How shall I install Windows Home 10 (came with PC) from 1TB drive Recovery partition to a newly added SSD drive?

The goal is to speed up OS itself of course. Also, if I add 8GB RAM memory module - Kingston KVR21S15D8/8, will existing memory module will be visible to sum up to 12GB in total?

Many thanks for the help in advance, Zoran

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Luckyz

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here is a link to a maintenance guide for your PC, and as you can see, it has only one hard drive case and connector -- so you can't insert or connect a second drive: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05158546

Also, you can't use HP Recovery Media on an SSD that is smaller capacity than the original HDD, it won't work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Luckyz

You could replace the 3.5" hard drive with a 1TB or larger hybrid hard drive. They are not too expensive and the performance is significantly faster that the typical HD.  A more expensive choice would be to use a 1 TB+ 2.5" SSD with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter bracket.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Well, I thought it would be possible since the very similar model 27-a171ny has ssd and ordinary drive in the same case and the same chipset? Wht it is not possible with 27-a150?

HP Recommended

Is there any cables or other ways just to add anothe 2.5" SSD drive?

HP Recommended

@Luckyz

With the HP PCs that take two drives, the Hard Disk information in the Service Guide lists two brackets and two adapter cables.  This Guide only lists one cable.

You could check the parts list using this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5191856/mo...

And if it shows a second adapter cable, and you can FIT two drives into the drive case, that should work.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.