Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Problem = Not Recovery Manager Installed from factory

What I Need = A clean install in an new faster drive (or in the same drive if that matter)

About the computer

- HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF
- Windows 8.1pro 64 bits

- BrandNew computer (6 months of use, I know is an older model but it was unpacked last year)

- No CD's DVD's came in the box

- 1 partition of 10gb says Recovery

- Hard drive works just fine

- Everything works just fine

Atempts

- Windows doesnt see the Recovery Partition when in recovery mode

so I asume its an HP Recovery Manager Partition or something different

- Have tried every option in the windows 8 OS startup (non have worked so far)

- An option in the windows recovery menu recovers the windows but wont let me do a

"clean install"

- Tried to install Hp Recovery Manager and it says

"Softpaq does not apply to the system, no Hp Recovery Manager Installed"

Have 3 PC's with exactly the same thing

Any thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

can you search online and buy a usb stick with factory state sofware on it to get the factory partition back on? I brought one for my hp pavilion 15 machine and glad I did comes in handy. 🙂 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5404565&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4158 Everything for your computer including drivers etc. not sure if u need that or not. 

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

> - No CD's / DVD's came in the box

Is there a program on your computer that allows you to create a "System Recovery" set, either writing onto one 16GB USB memory-stick, or burning onto 2 to 5 DVD-writable disks, to create for yourself what the manufacturer did not include in the original packaging ?

Be sure to create a complete "System Recovery" set, not a "backup" nor a "Troubleshooting" disk.

HP Recommended

Are you under warrenty? If not then firstly if you dont want HP Recovery Partition and want to use your computer again you can burn it to dvd  for windows 8 x64 disk download it (iso file) from microsoft then install it normall way but you may lose your Recovery Partition which you wont be able to get back.

Option 2) 

I have found this website link about recovery for your machine http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01973791 dont know if any of these will work.

let me know how you get on. 

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

> Are you under warranty?

Not being in possession of the "System Recovery" set to allow the reinstallation of Windows probably is *NOT* covered by "warranty".

> if you don't want HP Recovery Partition and want to use your computer again

Yes.  Certainly, one can delete both the HP Diagnostics and the HP Recovery Partitions from the disk-drive.

But, do you really want to do that deletion, and "discard" the capability to run those diagnostics, or to reinstall Windows?

> you can burn it to DVD  a download of windows 8 x64 disk  (an ISO file) from microsoft, then install it normal way 

Yes, this will be the "generic" version of Windows 8, without all the extra software that HP includes.

After the install, you definitely will need to access http://support.hp.com to download the HP-specific device-drivers for the unique hardware inside your HP computer.

That's a lot of extra work -- all of which can be avoided by having the HP "System Recovery" partition, or the same files on a USB memory-stick (or a few DVDs that you have created yourself).

> but you may lose your Recovery Partition which you won't be able to get back.

Use the HP-supplied "System Recovery" set to recreate that partition.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.