Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Computer unable to start. Stop Code error OxC000021A. Have tried
1) System Repair - failed.
2) System start up setting - safe mode - end up with same error code.
- F7 - - same-
3) System restore also end up with same error code.
Please kindly help.
Other people on this forum have reported the same problem:
but none of the above provided a solution.
... to fix this, I tried safe mode but it failed to boot. Finally I tried to boot with "force drivers to have signature disabled" and it worked.
Give that a try, and report back.
If it works, use the Windows "System File Checker" (SFC) utility to verify that none of the system-files have been corrupted (or maybe virus-infected).
Yes. I already did that. Press F7 after startup Options. Didn't work.
> Yes. I already did that. Press F7 after startup Options. Didn't work.
Thanks for the additional information.
Of course, when all else fails, your "last resort" is:
1. Buy a new disk-drive (consider upgrading to a SSD, or, minimally, replacing your "expired-warranty" disk-drive)
2. Remove the current disk-drive
3. Connect the new disk-drive
4. Reinstall Windows onto the new disk-drive
5. Run Windows Update, repeatedly
6. Connect the old disk-drive as a "slave" disk-drive, and copy all your personal files from "old" to "new"
7. Reinstall your applications (MS Office? Adobe Reader? GIMP? Audacity? SPECCY?)
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community