cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jbergfel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Stop Code NTFS file system

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 23 all in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I got a blue screan with a stop code: NTFS File System and the computer continues to shutdown and restart. I did a system check and got a hardware failure ID: MOAAFHH-75M8JC-9XMM6J-60VN03
Product ID: F3E09AA#ABA

What can I do? Please help.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> stop code: NTFS File System 

> I did a system check and got a hardware failure ID,

Unfortunately for you, your disk-drive is in an "imminent failure" status.  It must be replaced.

Was your computer originally shipped with Windows 8.1 pre-installed? It was first manufactured in January 2014.

And, you later took the free upgrade to Windows 10?

From: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-23-h000-TouchSmart-All-in-One-Desktop-PC...

it seems that HP will no longer supply a "System Recovery Set" (usually on one USB memory-stick) that would allow you to re-install the original Windows 8.1 onto a replacement disk-drive.

You might try:  www.computersurgeons.com  -- they may have that media available for purchase.

Or, since you were running Windows 10, you have been granted a "digital entitlement" to reinstall Windows 10.

See: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

for a free download of Windows 10.

When you are asked to enter a 25-character product-key, click "I do not have one".

This will use your entitlement to activate Windows 10.

After installing, use that above 'support.hp.com' web-site to download any device-drivers for the HP-specific device-drivers.  Note that Windows Update may also download those device-drivers.

Finally, even though Windows will not successfully boot from your current disk-drive, it may be possible to connect it to another computer as a "slave" disk-drive, and to copy all your personal files from it, onto an external disk-drive (or USB memory-stick) and then to copy those files onto your new disk-drive.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation