cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Whatever4825
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Support Assistant cannot find or recognize my Printer

HP Recommended
260-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In trying to add a device (my HP Laserjet m1212nf mfp) to the support assistant, it cannot locate it when I click find device.  Is there a way to add it manually or is there something I am not doing?  Printer is attached to the network and works fine from the desktop, two laptops, and tablets.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Muzammil_A
Level 4
Level 4
86 86 6 24
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Try following the below document to manually add your Printer to Support Assistant.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905#AbT2

If that does not help then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. A standalone is available in the link below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

***Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP***

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Whatever4825
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shoulda known not to trust a mile long try this and this and this canned document.  Ended up reinstalling the software and now can't print from my laptops.  Thanks for nothing.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation