Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T4A20AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After typing a file on HP s5210t with Microsoft Works Wordprocessor I put it on the Duracell flash drive 4 GB. After moving it to the HP-ENVY model 750-217c, it was recognized as a Wordperfect file, but it could not be opened. Both computers have Wordperfect Office X7 installed. The performance of both is 100%. If I want to continue with Microsoft Works, should I download that program on the second PC?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@junosa

Personally, I would doubt the ability of any Microsoft word processing app to create a file that works well with Word Perfect.

My wife used Word Perfect at her work for years -- until it was pushed out the door by Microsoft Office -- and even though I used Office all the time, we could never exchange files between the two.

The only problem I can think of in using Word Perfect is licensing -- you might need a second license for a second PC.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the info. Right now I am using Microsoft Works, not Microsoft Word. I also have used Wordperfect for many years. Recently I bought Wordperfect Office X7, because it is useful for eBook publishing.
Today I tried to download a converter claiming to go from microsoft works to Wordperfect. However, Firefox blocked the download. Have a great day!

HP Recommended

MS Works was the low-budget version of Office for folks who were not willing, or did not want to, spend HUNDREDS of dollars just to get an office suite.

MS products generally import nearly EVERYTHING (in terms of file formats) and output ONLY their file formats.

If MS Works can not generate a file that Word Perfect can use, then you should take a look at both LibreOffice and WPS Office.  These are open-source office suites and they might import Works-formatted files and generate output files that WordPerfect can use.
We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You mention PS Office. Right now I have WP Office X7. Is that not the same? And what is WPS  Office 10? Looking forward to your reply.

HP Recommended

No, I mentioned WPS Office -- which is the new name for Kingston Office -- one of the freeware office suites that competes with MS Office.

Most folks recommend LibreOffice (another freeware Office suite) but it is know to have problems reading some files created by newer versions of MS Office.

WPS Office appears to be the most MS-Office file compatible of the freeware Office suites -- so I recommend it.

Good Luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.