Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I haven't had this Pavilion 23 but about a month or so and the touch screen is not working. 😞  I tried going into the settings but it won't accept my finger or the settings for touch at all.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Can someone help me fix this?

HP Recommended

I've had the same thing happen to me.  I didn't use the touchscreen for awhile, went to use it, and it doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Under the hardware and sound I went to pen and touch and my desktop does not give me the "Enable use your finger as an input" option.  Now what do I do:smileysad:

HP Recommended
Good morning lil liebe. I'm writing this post because I recently bought an hp 23-b219c and I'm having some internet problems. I mean my PC is connected to Internet but I cannot open any page on Internet explorer. Although Internet works in the store and for updates. Please help me. Thanks.
HP Recommended
Good morning sparkles1. I'm writing this post because I recently bought an hp 23-b219c and I'm having some internet problems. I mean my PC is connected to Internet but I cannot open any page on Internet explorer. Although Internet works in the store and for updates. Please help me. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think the first thing to do is to post on Desktop Operating Systems-Software & Recovery area of the Forum, where your issue will get more exposure. Meanwhile, I'd be curious to know if Internet Explorer works on the Windows Desktop, rather than the Start screen.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your quick answer lil.

No it doesn't work. Also I downloaded google search but same song and dance.
HP Recommended
1. HP 23-b219c ( not sure if it is pavilion)
2. Windows 8 64 bits
3. I'm connected to Internet but Internet explorer doesn't open any page ( even in desktop view) . Although I can download apps in store and also upgrades for windows. I did the windows troubleshooting but it didn't find any error. I tried with the hp troubleshooting and says that there's a network problem due this I couldn't speak with an online assistant.
4. I bought this PC 5 days ago and I've been with this problem since that day
HP Recommended

You mentioned that your PC is new, and that you can connect to the Store. Were the updates you installed in the Microsoft Store?

You might want to try installing updates -- from the Store and from Microsoft.

To install Microsoft updates (if you haven't already):
  1. From the Start screen, type windows update to open the Search charm, and then select Check for updates from the search results.
  2. On the Windows Update page of PC settings, click Check for updates .
  3. If updates are available to install, follow the onscreen instructions to install them.

To install Store updates (if you haven't already):

1. On the Start screen, if a number appears in the lower-right corner of the Store tile, click the store tile to open the Windows Store and install updates.
  2. In the Windows Store, click Updates in the upper-right corner to open a list of updates.
  3. Click Select All , and then click Install .

Hope that helps!

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended
Hello @lil-liebe. After updating my windows 8 to 8.1 everything start working perfectly. However, 3 day later I turned on my PC and I notice that im having the same problem once again and worst. For some reason now it shows connected but any apps works now even the windows update show an error. I troubleshoot couple of times and it says that my firewall may be blocking the connection or my modem seems to doesn't work which is a lie because I'm writing this post using the same connexion. In my frustration I used the recovery tool and now I'm without all the things that I downloaded and also without Internet.

Hope you help me once again!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.