Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey HP team

I have a i5 2,30 gighz desktop running with a 1 gig RAM, 2 gig ATI Randeon HD graphics card, and 500 gig hard drive.

My issue is when I replace my 1gig RAM with a New 4 gig Ram. The system reboots when it gets to the windows icon.

Have changed the Bios Settings, moved all the jumps back and forth, and tried running it with graphics card uninstalled. To a point I changed the hard drive thinking maybe it wasnt powerful enough to boost the RAM.

But when ever I return the 1gig everything works perfectly( but not enough to cater my production needs).

Pls help
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your computer ? Please check its label at the back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @LeboMGM :

The specs for the motherboard indicates that it can be upgraded to 16 GB (4 x 4 GB).

https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/document/c02014355

Most likely you have installed incompatible memory.

You need to install PC3-10600 1.5V, low density memory in your PC.

These are the 4 GB memory modules I recommend you buy if you can get them in your country.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220480

HP Recommended

hey again 

I believe you could be right by reffering i get a " PC3-10600 1.5V RAM", because I noticed the 1 gig that works perfectly on the system is also 1.5V low density memory RAM. 

but the whole day i spend countless hours seaching for solutions. and learned that my BIOS is not up to date. and found that HP has no update for my motherboard model(HP N1996 MS 7613 ver 1.1) . would you suggest I go on with the BIOS setting once I locate them( But if you refer me to link where i can find the appropriate one that would be grate), would you advise i do it that way, or just get the 1.5V RAM?   

HP Recommended

Hi:

You wouldn't be able to update the BIOS if you are running W10.

If you do not see a newer BIOS version for Windows 7 on your PC's support page, then you are already at the latest version anyway.

If you are not, and you want to update the BIOS, then you need to install W7 to update the BIOS, then reinstall W10.

Enter the product number of your PC in the box at the link below, and you will be directed to your PC's support and driver page.  The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en

I can also tell you that updating the BIOS will have no effect on getting the memory you have now, to work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.