Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Deerhill Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unlock cpu settings in bios

G5341sc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
How can i get access to the cpu settings, through bios? Its an old pc and i want to try and overclock it.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
45783 4330 11010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unlock cpu settings in bios

You can't make any changes to the chipset or CPU clock through the locked HP BIOS.

Newer model Intel CPUs can be overclocked by use of an Intel utility. It is, AFAIK not available for older generation CPUs.

What may be possible, if you accept the risks, is to go to one of the many BIOS mod websites to see what they have available.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=BIOS+mods&oq=BIOS+mods&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3512j1j4&sourceid=chrome...

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation