Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
SG3750IL
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, i want to update my BIOS(ver.5.13) to Latest version. am using windows 10 32 bit. the BIOS update is not available on HP site but the BIOS update for my motherboard MS- 7525 Boston  is available Here. So is it safe to update my bios on windows 10? and how to update it? please help....

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GeekyArjun

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

BIOS updates available from the motherboard manufacturers are OS-independent because they are run OUTSIDE of Windows using a special tool.

Note of Caution: A failed or faulty BIOS upgrade, unlike a driver upgrade, can leave your PC in a totally unusable state -- essentially, turning it into an electrick "brick"!

So, BEFORE doing any BIOS update, ensure that BOTH of the following are true:
1) You have a way to save off the current BIOS to some media that you can later use to restore it, if needed
2) You have a way to boot the PC such that you can restore the BIOS from the saved media, in the event that the BIOS update fails or otherwise trashes your PC

Third-party BIOS update tools generally provide an option  to back up the existing BIOS to floppy disk or USB stick.  Make sure that the tool you are using has that option and exercise it BEFORE making any BIOS change.

At least with that, you will have a way to RESTORE the existing BIOS if anything goes wrong.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

First of all thanks for your detailed explaination. I want to know whether my computer (Compaq SG3750IL) supports the BIOS recovery using HP Tools as in this document. i would also like to to know which tool shall i use to Update BIOS.

For your reference am downloading my BIOS from this site. 

Thanks in advance!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.