cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nicolò Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade bios Linux/ubuntu

Linux

Hi,

I have an old Hp compact dc5100 and I want to upgrade the bios. I use ubuntu and there's any manual or procedure to do this in the hp drivers page.

How can I do?
Thanks for attention

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
19,632 17,541 1,630 3,837
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nicolò

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but the HP Bios updates only run in Windows -- one of the reasons many of us keep Windows around in dual-boot environments with Linux distros.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Nicolò Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I'll try asap to make a dual boot and upgrade bios on windows xp. Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
19,632 17,541 1,630 3,837
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you want to experiment, then Google for making a WinPE boot disk (or USB).  You need Windows install media for this, but the version really does not matter.

Once you boot from that, you are in a Windows environment, and the BIOS utilities should run OK.  You will have to copy the softpaq file to a USB stick and then try installing in inside WinPE.  That might work.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation