Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq SG3-250 uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I would like my PC Compaq SG3-250 uk upgrade the memory to 8GB (2x4GB). Is it even possible? The specification is written, it can be up to 4GB. On the Internet you can buy 2x4GB kit specifically for this type (http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compaq-sg3-250uk/CT7338197). Thank you for answer. Martin

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@maredis

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need information on upgrading your Compaq sg3 250K,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check your HP product specifications to obtain the information you need?

Have you looked at your HP upgrade and service manual guide for details?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Memory

4 GB

• Amount: 4 GB

• Speed: PC3-10600 MB/sec (messages as PC3-8500)

• Type: DDR3-1333

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture

• Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets

• PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)

• PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

• Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

• Supports 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 64-bit PCs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit PCs

*32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

• Maximum memory only if using 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM modules

According to the above information, you can only upgrade to a max of 4GB.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.