cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Codizzle3280
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading Bios To Support Larger Drive???

HP Recommended
P6203w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently Purchased a 3TB Internal HDD. I understand I do not have UEFI but would like to boot from this drive after making a clone of my 500GB HDD currently holding system. Should I just downgrade to 2TB or update Bios?

Currently I have the OEM Bios version by Phoenix i believe it is 5.49.

Also My OS only recognizes 746 GB even after initializing as GPT... However when I used an HDD dock, I was able to initialize with GPT and have it recognize around 2.7 TB....

Any help would be great as I am seemingly lost!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,361 119,538 19,525 29,848
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no BIOS update that can turn the BIOS in your PC into a UEFI verison.

The chipset that model PC has, is from around 2006, and HP used it for many years afterward.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation