Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ah, poohraider (you gotta 'splain that moniker!)
    Anyway, I've always heard the rule about 4-G's of RAM not being recognized unless you're running a 64-bit OS.  My
Athlon 64x2 is running Vista Home Prem -32.. and when you check, it clearly shows all of the 4g's of RAM installed.
Given I'm still running the onboard video (pending upgrade), I believe all the RAM is recognized by the mobo, except the Vista software siphons off anything above 3.3 G's and uses it for extra video memory.  The original RAM was 2- 512MB Hynix sticks
at 553MHz. All I can say is, I plugged in 4-1G sticks of Crucial @ 667MHz and everything really speeded up -- video, page loading, bootup and shut down, and especially putting the machine into sleep mode!

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a1108.uk RAM update 

I require to update my Ram from the present 256MB.

I am thinking of using Kingston KVR400X64C3A/1G Valueram Computer Memory 1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz 184 Pin.

Is this a good choice?

HP Recommended

I want to upgrade my memory in a HP Pavilion a1112n currenty from 2-512MB memory to 2- 1GB. It uses PC3200 DDR SDRAM 400 MHZ. Mother board is a ASUStex "Salmon".It only has two slots available.

My question is, I have 2 - 1GB DDR PC3200  CL3 ECC memory sticks, will these work in the computer? I have noticed that most suggest non ECC.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Aloha, 

I tried upgrading my presario sr1403wm from 256MB to 2GB.  I have 2 1GB sticks and they both work individually and in either slot, but the computer just cycles through the booting process or freezes up.  Right now I am using 1 stick 1GB and it works fine, but I would like to upgrade to 2GB.  Any suggestions?  I upgraded the BIOS and no change

HP Recommended

Hi there.  I hope I can find some help here.  I have an HP Pavilion a6037c.  I had t x 512 MB sticks of PC2-4200U installed that came with the computer.  I got a beep pattern that told me a stick was bad.  I determined which stick it was a removed it and all was well, but that left me with 512 MB.  I wanted to upgrade of course.  I did a crucial scan and they determined that I could get up to 4GB of DDR2 PC2-5300 or PC2-6400 with a max of 1 GB per slot.  So I opted for buying 3 x 1 GB of DDR2 PC2-5300 and keeping my still working 512 MB.  So I got the 3 sticks and put them all in and I booted to what looks like an almost pixilated Post HP screen where I could see the BG but through large blocks and it never got past that screen.  Yikes.  So I removed a couple and left 2 x 1 GB sticks in the first 2 slots (blue and black).  That combination seems to work fine to get me to 2 GB of RAM.  But every time I add either the extra 1 GB or the old working 512 MB in either of the other 2 available slots, I get right back to that screen and can't get past it.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

ketl70..  keeping things simple works best. No, you cannot use ECC memory in your a1112n.  ECC memory is rarely used in a consumer PC... it's generally for servers and onyl heavy duty use.  Try to use the exact matching memory sticks in each slot.. in your care that means a maximum of 1 GB per slot for two G's total.  The HP Support siute under "specifics" for your machine will let you know.  You my also want to check if there has been an update to your machine's BIOS, before you add the new memoiry.

HP Recommended

thetechdr,

Have you tried to isolate it to a bad slot? Remove all sticks and blow out the slots using canned air. You should be using 4 x 1 GB all of the same type.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Thanks Raster...I guess that is my question...do I NEED to have all 4 slots occupied with equal sized sticks?  I was using 3 x 1 GB sticks with one empty slot.

HP Recommended

Raster...I bought another identical stick of RAM and now have 4 x 1 GB, and NOW when I boot up, I get the short beep, long beep, long beep error.  Bad RAM right?  When I use each stick individually, it works fine....thoughts?  

Thanks much!

HP Recommended

I am new to this forum. I had bought a Slimline s3760in in India. Can you please tell me how much RAM I can upgrade to and how much I can upgrade my graphics card.

Please reply as soon as possible.

P.S:-Your article was good 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.