Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi !

I have a HP Pavilion p6713fr and recently I purchased two KINGSTON 4GB PC3-10600 CL9 240-PIN DIMM RAM and when I placed them into my computer I couldn't get past the windows startup without getting a Blue screen. I don't know what's happenning ! 

HP Recommended

Hello Shoxtrem,

Welcme to the HP forum.  This forum is not an official HP forum, but is only hosted by HP

First, if have not already found it the specifications that HP give for your model of computer can be viewed at the webpage below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02735940

This says that apparently the memory you are using is of the appropriate type  (speed, physical dimension, broad electrical spec).  You not have given the Kingston p/n. KVR may or may not work in your system; the same goes for RAM designed and tested in other brands / models of (Kingston system specific RAM) computer,  I could not find system specific RAM  for your model on the Kingston website,

From the Kingston website

"Kingston ValueRam (KVR) is Kingston's standard memory line designed with whitebox users in mind. Kingston ValueRam is engineered to meet industry standard specifications and is rigorously tested to ensure quality. However, it is not tested for compatibility in brand name machines such as Dell, HP, Gateway, Sony, etc., which may require specific memory timings and have limits to the DRAM densities used to support these systems. Nevertheless, if the memory meets the system specifications, you may install it to determine compatibility with your system. For help selecting memory, contact Kingston Sales on +1 800-835-6575 or use our Memory Search at http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/Options.

FAQ: KTM-021011-KVR-04"

and

"Memory made for a specific brand of computer is only tested with that brand. We can only guarantee compatibility with that brand and no other brand of computer. Nevertheless, if the memory meets the system specifications, you may install it to determine compatibility with your system. For help selecting memory, contact Kingston Sales on +1 800-835-6575 or use our Memory Search at http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/Options.

FAQ: KTM-051211-KVR-05"

You do not say what other RAM is in your PC after you tried installing the new Kingston RAM.  Your PC may or may not function if you mix brands or speeds of RAM. 

Check that your PC functions normally if you return it to its original configuration.

Check the exact specs on your original RAM against each other and against your Kingston DIMMs.

Also check if your PC functions with only one of the Kingston DIMMs in place and no other RAM.  Carry out this operation with both DIMMs individually.  Use slot 0 for these tests (after you have used slot 0 you may try other slots).  Aftr you have done this, if they seem to work try them both together in the same colour slots. 

Your system has dual channel architecture.  This may mean that the slots have to populated in a special fashion, or that the DIMMs must be strictly identical (I don't think that this matters, though there is a chance it might)

Finally, there is a chance that this is not a RAM issue at all.  RAM problems often show by the computer failing the Power on Self Test, which is the very first stage of booting, and beeps (the number will fepend on the problem and your model).  But your cmputer passes the POST.

I hope this is of some use to you.  Please reply with results/more information

Woodwood

1.February.2014

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion p6332it http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02000597 and recently I purchased 4x4 GB KINGSTON HyperX Red 1333 CL9 240-PIN DDR3 RAM (2 kits) http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX13C9B1RK2_8.pdf and when I placed them into my computer I couldn't startup my windows, it's give me a black screen.

My PC functions normally if i return it to its original configuration.
My PC functions with only one of the Kingston DDR3 but for a second i can see blue screen error stop 0x0000007e and then my PC reboot again and again.
I tried to update my BIOS and video drivers.

I have Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).

Please help me!

HP Recommended

If it's the Win7 startup that's crashing, you should be able to access your BIOS utility to see how much memory it reports and run a diagnostic on it?

CC

HP Recommended

-> nevervhoodo

Thanks for including all your links and telling us what have done so far.

The specs for your PC in English are here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01994982

You have chosen RAM with specs that are apparently in order for your PC, a cursory look shows.  However this memory is not the type recommended and guaranteed by Kingston for you model, that's here

http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search?DeviceType=2&Mfr=HEW&Line=Pavilion&Model=62596&Description=...

Unfortunately they only do a guaranteed 2GB DIMM.  However the main specs for this module are the same as the modules you purchased.  Compare the detailed specs of this with that of the hyper X memory that you bought (aside from the size of memory) On the spec page for your hyperX memory you are warned "All Kingston products are tested to meet our published specifications. Some motherboards or system configurations may not operate at the published HyperX memory speeds and timing settings."

It may be that the details of the timings on the hyper X memory do not match those required by your m/b.

Incidentally, the Crucial guaranteed memory for your model includes modules of the same nominal spec. as yours.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion%20p6332it&Cat=RAM

Have you compared the specification of the as originally supplied  memory (which is ?) with your new hyper X memory ?

Does your PC beep at all with the hyper X memory ? (probably not)

It is beyond my knowledge to interpret the error message that flashes up, try someone whith more expertise.

When you try more than one of the hyper X DIMMs, which slots are you populating with which DIMMs?  Your DIMMs were sold in pairs; do not lose track of which DIMMs belong to which pair.  The DIMMs are NOT likely to be identical. Your PC has dual channel architecture.

Try contacting Kingston and explaining the problem - they  may be able to help and may even have come across it before.  If it is a known compatibility issue (and even if it is not) you may be able to negotiate an exchange for memory that does work or even a refund.  You could also try HP support...

I am sorry; that's the best I can do for the moment.  Please nswer describing any progress you might have made

woodwood

4.February.2014

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!
My original RAM is 2*2 GB Elpida EBJ21UE8BDF0-DJ- F: http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/308479/ELPIDA/EBJ21UE8BDF0-DJ-F.html

I compared the memory, for me is identical with new.

My computer does not beep at startup.

I tried to put one of my new RAM for all 4 slots. As I said, I can enter BIOS if i use only 4gb of my new HyperX. But I have AMI 5.15 (06/25/2010) bios, so I'm very limited in options. Nevertheless, I tried to run memtest86 5.01 USB.
The program starts, but after a couple of seconds my computer reboots and this repeats for all 4 new RAM (2 of them right at the start of the program, and two at 55 %). I also tried memtest86 on the old memory, everything is OK.

HP Recommended

->nevervhoodo

I don't think I understand exactly what is happening, except in the original configuation.  So, to make it obvious to me I'm going to ask one question at a time.

Does your computer reboot itself after a few seconds with only one of the hyper X DIMMs in it ?

In that case as Turkleton says, you may get into the BIOS before your computer starts to load Win 7.  In the BIOS it ought to tell you have much memory it recognises, but I am not familiarwith your particular BIOS.  You enter the BIOS and postpone booting by repetitively fapping the (often, though it it might be F1 or F2)  F8 key when you switch the computer on.  Do not change anything, just look at the memory.

Woodwood

4.February.2014

HP Recommended

If your BIOS has no memory diagnostic it will be tough to troubleshoot. I thought all BIOS's automatically tested any time the config changed - after all, it has to determine best access speed and such...

Even though specs are identical, it souds like your non-HP memory may not be compatible. I suppose that's one way HP gets away with charging $30/GB for memory...

CC

HP Recommended

@Woodwood wrote:

->@nevervhoodo

I don't think I understand exactly what is happening, except in the original configuation.  So, to make it obvious to me I'm going to ask one question at a time.

Does your computer reboot itself after a few seconds with only one of the hyper X DIMMs in it ?

In that case as Turkleton says, you may get into the BIOS before your computer starts to load Win 7.  In the BIOS it ought to tell you have much memory it recognises, but I am not familiarwith your particular BIOS.  You enter the BIOS and postpone booting by repetitively fapping the (often, though it it might be F1 or F2)  F8 key when you switch the computer on.  Do not change anything, just look at the memory.

Woodwood

4.February.2014

Yes, it does. 

Yes, i can get into the BIOS with only one of the Hyper X and i san see that the memory is being identified.

HP Recommended

->nevervhoodo

Ok.  So you have a problem with just one hyper X, immdiately or shortly after Win 7 loads.  Does this happen with just the one DIMM in all the slots ?  (four tests needed)

Take one of the hyper X kits (2 matched  DIMMs), insert them into the black memory slots.  From what you have said I expect that you get a black screen.  No HP 'splash screen', no beeps.  No hard disk activity. Is this what happens ?  What about power light ? fans ? (they will tell us nothing except whether your mainboard is getting power - I suspect that it is).  Usually, a problem with memory is characterised by failure to pass the POST and making a definite number of beeps.  But this problem is more subtle than that

I fear that these tests will tell me nothing useful, and that Turkleton is right when he says that despite the nominal specs. your hyper X is not compatible with that model of PC/motherboard.  l  I can only refer you to Kingston who might be able to help

Woodwood

4.February.2014

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.