Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP w2007
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has been working fine with no input problems until this afternoon i returned home from work. I got it out of sleep mode and it did not recognize the video input cords. I tried swiching the cords thinking that it would fix it with no luck.

When ever i try to press any of the front panel buttons it goes back to sleep automaticaly. I do not have another computer to test the monitor on but any help would be greatly apppreciated. It was working perfectly fine this morning.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Katherine20

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP w2007 20 inch Diagonal LCD Monitor and the monitor does no thave any display. You tried to switch the cords and that did not help. Whenever you press a key on the monitor front panel, it goes to sleep. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• This monitor supports VGA  and DVI-D inputs. Which one are you presently using and have you tried both?

Also, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Turn off the computer and the monitor.
  • Disconnect the monitor completely from the computer.
  • Power on the monitor only. If you get a display stating "no input signal" or "check video input", etc then it means that the monitor has passed the self test and is good.
  • Please check if the monitor goes into sleep mode when you press any buttons on it. If yes then it is an issue with the monitor.
  • Turn off the monitor and connect it to the computer.

You may also refer to the information shared in this HP document for monitor issues.

I hope this information helps. Keep me posted Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.