Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion h8-1120be
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I installad a new CORSAIR CS750M with 750 watt and also a new videocard : NVIDEA GEFORCE GTX 1060.

Minimum system recquirement for NVIDEA GEFORCE GTX 1060  :  min 400 watt  system power, min Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz cpu.

When installed I am getting the blue sreen from HP, but than the computer stops and I am getting several "Beeps" and it is impossible to acces Windows.   

My  pc :  HP8-1120BE Windows 7,   x64 based, Intel R Core TM  i7-2600 CPU  3.40gHZ, 3401 Mhz, 4 CORES, 8 Logical Processors, Bios version AMI 7.12  12/10/2011  SMBIOS version 2.6   RAM 12GB, Physical memory 12 GB, available Physical Memory 7.79 GB    Virtual Memory 19.1 GB, available Virtual Memory 19.1 GB.

Internetconnection : LAN

Can someone give me advise.

Thanks !

PS

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have never heard of an HP8-1120BE PC. 

If you meant to say h8-1120be  instead, it should support UEFI boot.

Which brand and model NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 do you have?

NVIDIA makes the reference design and licenses it to manufacturers.

NVIDIA does not manufacture the cards. 

Without knowledge of brand and model of NVIDIA GeFroce 1060 card you have installed, it is difficult to help you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the answer.

This is what I found :

- Modelname : GEFORCE GTX 1060 WINDFORCE 0C 6G

- GV-N1060WF20C-6GD

- PCI-E 3.0/6144MB GDDR5/192 bit

-HDMI/DUAL-LINK DVI-D*2/DP

Thanks.

HP Recommended

That is helpful. 

OK.

Your desktop PC is not a UEFI BIOS type. You can verify that by invoking the BIOS. A general rule of thumb is that If you can select items by using the mouse then the BIOS is UEFI. Being able to select by other than clicking on the arrow keys and a few F keys is a feature that did not exist in the previous generation PC's legacy BIOS. 

You will need a PCIe x16 video card that has legacy BIOS support. The Gigabyte Geforce  GTX 1060 WINDFORCE 0C 6G video card is most likely to be a UEFI BIOS card. UEFI BIOS cards are not recognized by legacy BIOS motherboards.  The downside of a Gigabyte vide card is that Gigabyte does not even bother to state which type of BIOS their cards support. Other manufacturers do let their customers in on that gem of information.

There have been many articles explaining the differences between legacy and UEFI BIOS.  Upgrading a manufactured desktop PC has become more difficult than it was five years ago. For those DIY PC builders like myself, it is a simple upgrade with an ASUS ROG mobo that has pretty much every option available, including the ability to let the BIOS recognize legacy or UEFI video cards. 

Here is information (or sadly the lack of) on your Gigabyte video card. BIOS support type is not mentioned.

Gigabyte card.png

Here is an image of a SapphireTechnology Radeon SAPPHIRE Tri-X Radeon™R9 390X 8Gvideo card where that information is shown.

sapphireCard.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.