Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product: HP ENVY All-in-One -
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On the 18 March my HP Envy received a Windows update KB 3150513 , since then I've had a problem with MS Access (part of the Office suite) when working on forms or reports. When an object such as a textbox or button is right-clicked a Properties window is shown. Some properties are shown in a sub-context menu (similar to the Send To context menu when a desktop shortcut icon is right-clicked. The problem is, this properties menu is not disapearing when a menu item is selected, it halts and stays on top. When the form or report is closed the outline of the properties window remains on the screen untill Office is closed. it is not possible to set any control properties.

I have contacted MS Office 365 Personal support for help in resolving this problem because I believe it's a corruption caused by the Windows update on 18/03. So far, I've done the following self-help steps with out success..

> Reinstallation Office - Note: This happens in any MS Access database, so it's not an indegninous MS Access issue, more likely a display problem following the update.
> Reinstalled my graphics drivers using HP Recovery Manager
> Attemped to Roll back to a previoious restore point which failed with the error

source: AppxStaging
Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070091)

So relunctantly I'm looking at a Factory reset. Will I fll back to Win 7 and lose Window 10?  Any suggestions welcomed

S M WEAVER

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

While you are waiting for your response from Microsoft you might want to try and uninstall the update. 

You can do this by Settings > Updates and Security

In your Updates you should see and Update History link in blue, click that, you should be able to uninstall the update.

Hope this helps.

I'm an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Many Thanks - In fact, I've already done that, the update was removed successfully but the corruption is not resolved.  I'm performing a factory reset this afternoon.  The HP support operative advised that Win 10 updates have been very problematic...

Rgds Lafrowda

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.