Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pro One 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows would not boot and automatic recovery failed so I formated the Hard Drive and re-installed Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Windows 10 Pro CD (aka not specific to HP).  I left the CD Activation Code blank during the install, since there is no Product Key stick attached to the device.

When I try Activating  Windows I get error code: 0xC0048100 basically saying that Product Code is bad. 

It is my understanding that product code is somehow imbedded in the motherboard and typing an actual code is not required for Windows 10.  After Windows 10 is successfully activated once you can re-install windows multiple times as long as there isn't any significant hardward changes (I've made none).

Since Window's 10 was running fine for several month why won't it activate now after fresh install?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Nate_on_Rails wrote:

Windows would not boot and automatic recovery failed so I formated the Hard Drive and re-installed Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Windows 10 Pro CD (aka not specific to HP). ....

Hi,

What is its original Windows 10 ? You have to install the right one and using the following way NOT using aka not specific to HP DVD:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes Windows 10 Pro was orginally installed (only option for HP Pro One 600 G2 ).  It does come with "Windows 7 downgrade rights" but I never exerised these options.  Windows 10 Pro was activated before doing the fresh install.

Thanks,

Nathna

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883283452

HP Recommended

Hi,

Now please use the above link to create Windows 10 installtion media and install to your machine. Do not use media from other source UNLESS it is from HP or from your DVD/USB using above source.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I got the ISO image from Microsoft; I've installed Windows 10 Pro x64 on other computers using this same ISO image without problems.

HP Recommended

Does anyone have any ideas?  

Is it possible to create recover media after the hard drive is formatted?  If so how?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.