Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I left click on the windows 10 start button to bring up the apps page and icon for bringing up list of programs nothing happens. This started within the last week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Don2498

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the Win10 Start Button no longer working and wanted to help.

With MS pushing out Win10 updates every week, it's not uncommon for a working PC to suddenly have things stop working.

Wish this was a simple fix, but as this linked thread shows, this is not:  Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Forums

All I can suggest is that you work through that thread and hopefully, one of the fixes will work.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Don2498

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the Win10 Start Button no longer working and wanted to help.

With MS pushing out Win10 updates every week, it's not uncommon for a working PC to suddenly have things stop working.

Wish this was a simple fix, but as this linked thread shows, this is not:  Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Forums

All I can suggest is that you work through that thread and hopefully, one of the fixes will work.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thak you for your answer to my question.

I didn't even think it might a software problem related to a Microsoft or Norton update.

Your answer was spot on.

Then I got to thinking what else could be done. I thought that if I could find where the restore point screen was, I could restore the computer to a point before the problem started. That did the trick.

I thank you once again for your answer!!!

HP Recommended

Here is how to fix Start Button Not Working Issue In Windows 10

1- Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator.

2- Paste the following command in PowerShell window and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3- Wait for PowerShell to complete the command.

4- When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fixed-start-button-not-working-issue-windows-10/

HP Recommended

Same problem i facing but i got information from here it's really helpful to follow the answers from Microsoft community here link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-start-button-not-worki... ...Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.