cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Don2498
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10 Start Button Not Working Properly

Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I left click on the windows 10 start button to bring up the apps page and icon for bringing up list of programs nothing happens. This started within the last week.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
18,248 18,193 1,704 3,997
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Don2498

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the Win10 Start Button no longer working and wanted to help.

With MS pushing out Win10 updates every week, it's not uncommon for a working PC to suddenly have things stop working.

Wish this was a simple fix, but as this linked thread shows, this is not:  Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Forums

All I can suggest is that you work through that thread and hopefully, one of the fixes will work.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Don2498
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thak you for your answer to my question.

I didn't even think it might a software problem related to a Microsoft or Norton update.

Your answer was spot on.

Then I got to thinking what else could be done. I thought that if I could find where the restore point screen was, I could restore the computer to a point before the problem started. That did the trick.

I thank you once again for your answer!!!

0 Kudos
mackpt1
Level 1
11 6 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Here is how to fix Start Button Not Working Issue In Windows 10

1- Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator.

2- Paste the following command in PowerShell window and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3- Wait for PowerShell to complete the command.

4- When it finishes, try hitting Start and hopefully it’ll start working.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fixed-start-button-not-working-issue-windows-10/

Kripamjoy
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same problem i facing but i got information from here it's really helpful to follow the answers from Microsoft community here link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-start-button-not-worki... ...Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation