cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jim126
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 on a memeory stick, tried to upgrade from Vista. No BIOS support for USB booting

HP Recommended
Pavilion M9065.uk
Microsoft Windows Vista

Purchased Windows 10 on a memory stick.  Tried to upgrade my Pavilion M9065.uk from Windows Vista but could not set a boot option from a USB port.

Is there a BIOS upgrade which includes a USB Boot option as opposed to HDD, CD-DVD?

If not, does anyone know if and how I can create say a Windows 10 CD-DVD disk from my purchased memory stick Windows 10?

Thanks guys, really struggling with this.  I have searched the usual sites and have come across the mention of Microsoft ISO files.  Though I cannot quite get my head around this.

Jim126

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,949 42,189 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows readiness check from HP.  See if your PC is ready for Windows 10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation