Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you download the drivers, you have to extract the CAB file before Windows will pick them up from your local disk. Does that help anyone?

HP Recommended

Thanks. Let's say I got closer. I got the following msg:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

AverMedia Consumer Infrared Receiver

The required line was not found in the INF

If you know the manufatcurer.. "

As said, system is Windows 7 32; I used windows own program to extract the CAB files.

HP Recommended

Hi Jim0866

you saved me! Thanks for the tip. Downloading and EXTRACTING the CAB files really worked. Infrared receiver and TV card is now working!!!

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Bluesailor:

Opt to Uninstall the device with the [ ] Delete the driver driver from the computer from device manager, reboot, allow the system to connect to the internet to search for the driver automatically

HP Recommended
I got closer still. No more error signs from the hardware. But the remote still refuses to work. Don't know what I should do next.
HP Recommended

It looks like you'll have to wait for when they post the HP Remote Solution mentioned on this webpage.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01778879

Certain buttons on the Remote Control for Media Center might stop working.

Update to the latest HP Remote solution download from www.hp.com/support .
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

nesecito los drive para pci de mi hp

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.