Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I feel your pain.  I am having repetitive failures when trying to install the

HP USB update as well.  As with you the Error Code is 800F020B.

I am running an HP Envy 5546 printer with an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1375ea,

operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  The printer is set up

wirelessly and is shared between my PC and my wife's ASUS X555LA laptop

which is running Windows 10.

The last time I had a problem like this it turned out that the update in question

was not relevant to my printer.

Ken Lines.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-update/error-code-800f020b/dc632f03-...

which confirms your comment:

The last time I had a problem like this it turned out that the update in question was not relevant to my printer.

HP Recommended

"which confirms your comment:"

Possibly but not necessarily.  In the prior case I was able to determine the update was not relevant.  In this case when checking I was advised the Error Code was not known.  I am therefore still unable to confirm one way or the other.  It should be a simple matter when issuing updates to insert a piece of coding which a) Checks the receiving printer's type.   b) If not relevant either deletes update reference or advises recipient 'This update not relevant to your system.'

At the moment I am assuming the update in question is not relevant but have been unable to confirm the fact.

Ken Lines     

HP Recommended

@Kenlines

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting error code 800f020b on your HP computer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 800F020B
  • Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
  • Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
  • Update Your PC Device Drivers
  • Utilize Windows System Restore to "Undo" Recent System Changes
  • Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Update Program Associated with Error 800F020B
  • Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")
  • Install All Available Windows Updates
  • Perform a Clean Installation of Windows

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

>  I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Me, too.

• Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 800F020B

Details, please.

• Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC

OK, but if your anti-virus has been updating, daily, it probably has been running its own scans, once a week, or more.

• Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)

OK, but it probably won't help.

• Update Your PC Device Drivers

That is the author's problem -- updates for his device(s) are failing.

• Utilize Windows System Restore to "Undo" Recent System Changes

That will "undo" any successful update of the PC's device-drivers (the previous recommendation)

• Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Update Program Associated with Error 800F020B

That is the author's problem -- the program does not install successfully.

• Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")

Good idea, but probably not helpful.

• Install All Available Windows Updates

Windows 7/8/10 probably already has done this, unless the author has deliberately disabled Windows Update.

• Perform a Clean Installation of Windows

Don't forget to backup all your personal files and E-mail and bookmarks, and do an "inventory" of the installed programs (some will have license-keys that you need to reinstall those programs), before you "wipe" the disk-drive, to "clean" it.

Sigh.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.