Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to image an HP 800 G3 with Windows 7 x64, I would like to use UEFI since these will be upgraded to Windows 10 down the road. We use SCCM here, I've gotten as far formatting the disk using the UEFI partition step, copying the image and drivers in WinPE but when I reboot to go into the full OS I get a BCD error. I've done some research on this and a lot of people have Windows 7 working on a UEFI configured machine but I haven't found a fix to my particular issue yet. Someone suggested enabling the Option ROM Policy in the BIOS but on my machine it's set to All UEFI and greyed out. I am using the "Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable" option.

The exact BCD error is,

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

No it doesn't

HP Recommended

The fix for this was to set the BIOS back to Legacy and Secure boot disabled. Then boot from your USB drive and select the UEFI option of the drive (make sure UEFI booting is enabled in the BIOS). This will format the hard drive as GPT but keep the BIOS in Legacy mode. You should be OK after that

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.