Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There is a great new model - HP Slate 21 using Tegra 4 and using Android

It really great design - I like that it is White (looks really good) and ergonomic!

but

I need: install and use Windows 8

What I know:

1) Microsoft even in 2012 year used Tegra 3 on a tablet at one of this global events to show Windows 8

eg http://www.anandtech.com/show/5614/microsoft-shows-windows-8-cp-on-tegra-3-krait-omap-5-clover-trail

2) HP slate has only 8 gb of memory

My questions:

1) Could I purchase and download Windows 8 to this model

2) Will it work nornally?

3) Where can I get drivers for for tegra 4 for HP Slate 21 running Windows 8?

I would greatly appreciate your information and advice!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi HP_Fan1,

I am not sure if you will be able to get a Windows 8 RT  install to work on this Slate, as it was designed for use with the Android operating system. I have not heard of such a configuration. HP does not offer Windows drivers for the Slate 21, and besides Windows RT does not have a traditional driver install paradigm.

Regards.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have installed Debian noroot, but I think, Linux Mint is better for this device. Windows 8 is too heavy here.

HP Recommended
Dear Alexel

Glad to hear you have managed to install Windows and Debian.
I be been trying to install Windows 8.1. But so far I ve only completed root without being able to install Windows either from USB or SD. Could you please indicate the way? Many thanks
HP Recommended
Has anyone installed Linux Mint on this device? My Slate continues to freeze daily, forcing a hard reboot. Frustrating.

I assume running Mint would be lighter than Android...
HP Recommended
Hara,

How did you root this device?
HP Recommended
there is a very easy way - find utility made by towel (nickname). it is a very small apk. you should install it and restart.
HP Recommended

I lost a month but have not found way to change bootloader to something like grub.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.