cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OrangeJuice_Oj
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Restarts after Logo

HP pavilion a6750f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey Everyone, 

So today I decided that I wanted more storage on my pc, so i can replace the 750GGB with a known Good one (I used it like 3 min before i switched them) 1TB hdd and switched them. The 750GB hhd is working fine in the new pc i put it in, but the 1TB pc I put in the curren pavilion is acting up. So I start by turning it on, and it boots fine and it goes through the windows logo and then all of a sudden it restarts. After troubleshooting I go to a screen like this 

I clicked on both the start windows normally and the Last known Good COnfiguration, but both lead to the same result by restarting after the logo 

Thank you

d

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,640 19,628 1,296 1,963
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @OrangeJuice_Oj

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows after switching the hard drive.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2f7JAVA

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
OrangeJuice_Oj
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Thank You for responding but I've tried everything in that article other then the clean boot, but at this point I have to do that.

So with that in mind, is there anyway I can still retain my product key since I don't have the funds at this moment. Or even better, all my data, that would be nice too.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 932
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do reinstall the OS in your free time. You can use the same product key mentioned on the sticker on your computer. Based on the specifications of your computer, I see that the computer came with Windows Vista. If you have installed Windows 7 using a retail copy, you can use the same product key again. Refer to this HP article for more information.

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation