Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My keyboard just stopped working me while I was typing.... put new batteries in.. reboot.. pulled the usb dongle...moved it around... mouse and keyboard use the same dongle...the mouse has continued to work....any ideas??? thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

may help...

What they don't tell you in ANY manual is that the blue light on the USB receiver is actually a reset button!  With the receiver plugged in to a USB port, I pushed the button/light until it started flashing.  What it doesn't tell you to do next is to push the blue button (not lighted) on the bottom of the keyboard until the blue light on the receiver STOPS flashing.  At that point, my keyboard started to function again, and the mouse was just fine.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
I have the same problem. My HP wireless keyboard stopped workingwhile I was typing. It's only one year old. I replaced batteries, pressed reconnect buttons, re-booted, did all on the trouble shooting list. The keyboard is dead. The mouse still works fine. I have no idea what to do now.
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem.  When I have contacted HP support, they say the numbers I give them that are marked on the bottom of the keyboard are incorrect.  They suggested I try this to get some resolution.  My keyboard is only 2 months old!
HP Recommended
same here.  Anybody have a fix yet?  HP hello?
HP Recommended

I ordered the xB4 docking station that came with the wireless keyboard and mouse bundle from the hp website.  I recieved it last Thursday.  As of last night (Less than a week later), I'm having this same problem with my keyboard.  The mouse works great, the docking station works fantastic too.  I can't believe this is such a common problem with this product with NO solution! 

[ text deleted ]

I can send in for a new bundle I guess but I would rather not go through the hassle of sending back items that work just for a new keyboard that may die on me within a few days again.

Anyone who has gotten this fixed please post the answer.

HP Recommended

yo he perdido dos horas tratando de buscar ayuda en hp, y no hay una persona que pueda resolver el problema

yo creo que es tiempo que halla una persona pensante que ayude

HP Recommended

Same here and the support center is a very bad, they never give you an asnwer, I spend 2 hours on the phone and they cut the call

HP Recommended

SAME PROBLEM, JUST 1 YEAR.... KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING!!!! HP SUPPORT SUCKS!!!!! ANY HELP??? ANY IDEAS????

HP Recommended

may help...

What they don't tell you in ANY manual is that the blue light on the USB receiver is actually a reset button!  With the receiver plugged in to a USB port, I pushed the button/light until it started flashing.  What it doesn't tell you to do next is to push the blue button (not lighted) on the bottom of the keyboard until the blue light on the receiver STOPS flashing.  At that point, my keyboard started to function again, and the mouse was just fine.

HP Recommended

Hi...

If this product is an NY420AA (turn the KB over and look for this product number on the back of the Keyboard), then the following directions will help to your re-synchronize or "re-bind" the mouse, KB and receiver such that all three work correctly.  This is a 27MHz product, so interference from other devices may cause this KB or mouse to lose synchronization.   See the PDF attachement that describes the re-bind process.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.