Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP2511x
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I use my Word and Excel programs and then try to close the program, the image of which ever one I'm using remains on the desktop without the information (blank pages).  They close if I go on line or shut down my computer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CherylGrace

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you're using an HP 2511x 25 inch Diagonal LED Monitor and when you use the Word and Excel programs and close them, the image of whichever one I'm using remains on the desktop without the information (blank pages). To close those windows, you have to either go online to the internet or shutdown your computer. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Does this issue happen only while using Word and Excel programs or no matter what program you use it happens?
  • If you have another computer available then have you tried using this monitor with that computer? Or if you have another monitor then does it work fine with this computer.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Press the Auto or Autoselect button on the display.

• Press Menu, and select Factory Reset.

• If the display has more than one type of connection available such as VGA, DVI, or HDMI, try a different type of connection.

• Set the video resolution on the computer to match the native resolution of the display. Find the native resolution for your display from the box the display came in, the Monitor User Guide, or product specifications. To change the display resolution, use the following steps.

• In Windows 7, click Start , click Control Panel, and click Adjust Screen Resolution in Appearance and Personalization.

If the issue still persists post performing the above steps then please perform this update specifically released for this monitor. This update is known to fix display quality issue: http://hp.care/2lEwgwm

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.