Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Z400, that the processor was changed out 2 months ago, and the issue went away, for about two months, then it came back.  Ordering a new motherboard and processor, just in case, the issue is caused by something on the motherboard, damaging the CPU.  Though of course it could also just be I got a new CPU from the same bad batch as the original.  The fact that this issue is going across multiple computer types, I am leaning more toward that.  Do the Z400, 600, and 800 use basically the same CPU?

HP Recommended

we have two machines in the office having said errors. We have done everything, replace RAM (Both HP branded and others that are known to work in the Z-series), replaced system boards, replaced PSU, and replaced CPU in both of these machines.  We have even had on-site support come out and replace the components for us. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

HP Recommended

Z600 workstation reboots: system reset caused by CATERR

HP Recommended

Re: Z800 Workstation - 927 Fatal Error in DIMM in Slot CPU1 DIMME; Byte enable parity error on address/command operation

This is the message that came up.

Suddently my monitor screen goes off and when I switch to another monitor this message comes up;  and, when I boot through F1, the computer opens on the original monitor.  This happened twice within 30 days.  What causes this and what are the remedies?

prudhviraju

HP Recommended

Having same problem. unsolved yet, but here is my thought.

1. because said the ECC error, so I polished all the RAMs contact fingers and slots. Doesn't helps.

2. checked the video card, did same job on it. Doesn't help

3. be noticed that this problem will occurring only at the first time I start it up. restart it, will not see it anymore. 

4. carefully checked the motherboard capacitors, because was thinking about the cold defective capacitance issue. All are good.

5. accidentally noticed that the rear system fans are noise. disconnect it then boot the system, no problem. connect it and boot the system. issue comes.

was thinking because the cold weather and thick lubricant inside the fan's bearing, lower the running speed which caused large current consuming. tear them down and redo the lubrication by thin gear oil. never see this problem when temperature get up above 70 F degree.  right now I'm thinking to replace those two fans to see if that could be solved ultimately.

Using hair dryer to blow your rear fans to heat it before you start it to see if the problem still there anymore on your own computer to locate your issue.

HP Recommended

This CATERR issue covers the range of possibilities.

So, bottom line, what actually fixes this?  New Xeon processors?

What if my Z800 is beyond warranty?  Will HP replace my Xeon processors?

Thanks!

HP Recommended
This happened on a Z400 for me months ago. Video card driver update fixed it.

Doing it on a z420 now, after windows ten upgrade. Can't even get into Windows.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.