Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Remember that you need to use a dual link DVI cable to get the proper resolution. Also when I first tried it, I had issues as everything told me that the PC was putting out the right resolution but still I was in Safe Mode (1280 x 720). Once I updated to the latest ATI driver, all was good.

Cheers,

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

@konk6i3 wrote:

Remember that you need to use a dual link DVI cable to get the proper resolution. Also when I first tried it, I had issues as everything told me that the PC was putting out the right resolution but still I was in Safe Mode (1280 x 720). Once I updated to the latest ATI driver, all was good.

Are you suggesting that HP does not provide the appropriate cables with their monitor? That seems odd, especially since it has the DVI-D pin configuration...
In any case, I have the latest drivers. I also have two other 27" displays on my desk, a Viewsonic and an NEC, with the same resolution and they display fine. 
HP Recommended

The drivers that fix this are not yet released. If you read my post you would see that.

There is a difference between DVI-D and DVI-Dual. DVI-D, which is probably what your card is in your PC, cannot drive this monitor. You have to have DVI-Dual. They included the right cable. They have the same connector, but they are NOT the same on the pin out. Go check out wikipedia and come back educated.

{Flaming Removed}

So, which model of Viewsonic and NEC displays do you have, and which cable were you using?

HP Recommended

Re:

Are you suggesting that HP does not provide the appropriate cables with their monitor? That seems odd, especially since it has the DVI-D pin configuration...

No, I was simply responding to the comment that an HDMI to DVI adaptor was being used. A dual-DVI-D cable is provided.

Cheers,

Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

@hendryjl wrote:

The drivers that fix this are not yet released. If you read my post you would see that.

There is a difference between DVI-D and DVI-Dual. DVI-D, which is probably what your card is in your PC, cannot drive this monitor. You have to have DVI-Dual. They included the right cable. They have the same connector, but they are NOT the same on the pin out. Go check out wikipedia and come back educated.

{Flaming Removed}

So, which model of Viewsonic and NEC displays do you have, and which cable were you using?

... and when you exaggerate the truth,  fail to read the posts of others, you look like a juvenile troll.

Re-read my previous post where I referred to the cable in the box and the responder stating the supplied cable is the correct cable. {Flaming Removed}, but perhaps we can move forward.

You posted a month ago concerning the driver issue and had not updated since, and typically most manufacturer's resolve such issues in a more expedient manner.

Also re-read the post where I stated I'd also utilized the DP cable; although I'm not entirely sure that matters to you as your purpose seems more to troll than to read and aid people who are disappointed with new purchases.

In any case, I'll wait another week to see if new drivers are released to correct this problem, as I have 15 days to return the product.

Thanks konk6i3

HP Recommended

HP relies on ATI to make the modification to the drivers, so slaming HP is not even close to appropriate.

I have a beta driver as of only a couple of days ago, and it does resolve the issue. I felt no obligation to reveal that because it's not gotten a release date, and i haven't tested it with two displays yet as one of mine is down.

{Flaming Removed}, if you want to send the model of your video card and the models of your other two displays and the mechanism you connected them with, things will be clearer.

HP Recommended

same issue here, but running a ZR2740w on an intel HD3000 through the DVIcable shipped with the monitor, attached to the HDMIport on an ASUS Maximus IV Z68 Mainboard using a DVi<>HDMI Adaptor.

I'm totally aware of the max.1920x1080 resolution limitation of the previously discribed "cable-constellation" but the only resolutions displayed are the preset resolutions 800x600 OR 1280x720. NOT even 1920x1080!
Same Issue when connecting the Monitor to Notebook through HDMIport on a Nvida Geforce 8600GT.

Latest Intel Graphic Accelerator Drivers installed (dated 21/01/2012)
Latest HP Monitor Drivers installed

Resolution Issue remains unsolved!

HP Recommended

Just to update, I tried a different Displayport cable than the one provided and my experience is now positive.

The provided DVI cable and any alternative dual link DVI cables would produce the issue. I would prefer to use this with DVI + ATI video card as I'm using my Displayports for my other displays but things are working for now.

HP Recommended

Hi...

The only resolutions available are the optimal resolution of 2560 x 1440 or the safe resolutions. 1920 x 1080 is not an option. Sorry, but this is the design of the product, to be used with a dual link DVI /DP graphics.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

Update: I am now having success with two ZR2740w displays connected to docking station of Elitebook 8560w via included DisplayPort cables. For anyone curious about what else will work in addition to that, I also have a 1600x1200 conected to the docking station via VGA, and two DisplayLink USB adapters each driving 1680x1050 displays. Including the onboard 1920x1080 LCD, that's 6 displays all from the same laptop, which was my goal.

I did have to open a case with HP, and they worked with ATI to fix the ATI driver issue. I was delivered a beta version of the driver (8.911.4.1-120121a-132267E) which enabled me to get the full 2560x1440 resolution on the ZR2740w's.

The engineer on this case gave a new anticipated release date of mid-March for the updated ATI drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.