cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
happyharold
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

adding addition network ports for virtual stuff

HP Recommended
HPE580t-580t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Added a HP 412648-B21 NC 360 to my HPE tower desktop.     was for the purpose of adding a virtual server and giving it additional 2 ports.

When i added the nic card , all 3 interfaces came up as Network 2.  The motherboard interface was disabled.   the motherboard came live when i unplugged the two new and put them in the switches later.  i have one in one switch and the motherboard and one new port in the other switch.  All of them are still network 2 and all have different ip address.

Have seen other 4 port cards added to same switch and they are assigned different ip's and different network id's

ideas   ?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation