Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

adding pc fans

HP Recommended
envy 700-050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all i own a envy 700-050 which is great for gaming but i want to know if i can add extra cooling fans inside 

i upgraded my video card  NVIDIA Geforce gtx-770 & power supply EVGA 600B...any thoughts 

thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,608 10,563 2,080 4,090
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

To add extra cooling fans you are going to have to cut the chassis to make vent holes. I guess you could in this way cut a hole in the side panel for a 12cm fan which would have most effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ofuudUEQds

You could also consider replacing the fans already in the case with high-quality product with more airflow.

Use a program such as AIDA64 extreme (free trial) to perform a stress test on the PC and see the various temperatures to see if a change is necessary.

https://www.aida64.com/downloads

Hope it helps,

David

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation