cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kirill200519
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

bios update

HP Recommended
h-joshua-h61-uatx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I changed the video card for AMD G9 390 and I have a black screen in case of start! I can't find up-dating of Bios on my mat.plata! Version of BIOS AMI 8.13, 11.01.2013.
Where to me to find updates??? HP Pavilion 500-001er base unit

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps, the new video-card is "bad" ?

When you first power-on your computer, does it show anything at all -- white text over a black background ?

Remove the video-card, to revert to the original video-adapter.

Enter BIOS SETUP, and check the video-setting. It probably has 3 settings:

* always use the internal video-adapter;

* always use a video-card connected into an AGP/PCI/PCI-E slot;

* prefer to use any add-in video card, but default to the internal video-adapter when there is no add-in card.

Change the setting.

Save the updated BIOS settings.

As the computer reboots, hold-down the power button for 10 to 15 seconds, to turn the computer off.

Re-install the add-in video-card.

Move the video-cable from the internal video-port to the video-port on the add-in card.

Reboot, and you should see the "white text over black background" text, or a "splash" screen.

Tell us how it goes.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation