Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProOne 400 G2 20in Non Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a problem with my All-in-one 400 G2 non touch. I've bought it from someone I know, who went abroad.

When I tried to install windows, when it tried to update firmware bios, something happened (Tension related, electrical problems on my street) and now it gives me an error (error with rear fan and I have to push f1 for it to boot and I cannot install wireless network, it does not find it) when I power it up.

I went to a computer service and they told me that the bios is missing a part I and need to rewrite the original bios on the computer, cause even if I update the bios from your site, the part that it's missing, the one that gives me the error, won't be resolved

Can you please help me with its original bios? I could'n find it on the website, just the updated one.

Thank you!!

Serial number: [Personal Information Removed]

Product no: T9S94EA#ABF

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

> I went to a computer service and they told me that the BIOS is missing a part I and need to rewrite the original BIOS on the computer, because even if I update the BIOS from your site, the part that it's missing, the one that gives me the error, won't be resolved

Sounds like a very "wishy-washy" explanation -- not very "technical".

So, that computer service could identify the problem, but they could not go one step more, and actually solve the problem?

Note that the updated BIOS (on the website) probably is less than 10% different from the original BIOS.

Did they try to use the updated BIOS?

As a "last resort", you may have to contact HP (http://PartSurfer.HP.com) to replace the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for answering. 

They have tried to use the updated bios, but the problem still remains, that's why they told me that I have to get the original bios (the one that was on it, the one which was released with the computer)

HP Recommended

>  it gives me an error (error with rear fan

What is the exact text of the error-message?

> I have to push f1 for it to boot

What is the exact text of the message just above the "press F1" message?

Can you enter BIOS-setup, and use "load setup defaults", and then correctly set the date/time?

> I cannot install wireless network

When you open "Device Manager", is the wireless hardware listed?  Any "unknown device" listed?

HP Recommended

Fan detection error. 901- Chassis Fan Not Detected (Rear). 

Chassis fan is not connected or may have malfunctioned. Press ENTER to continue. 

(my bad, i'm sorry, it was ENTER for continuing, not F1)

It isn't lised when I open device manager, not even "unknown device"

I have already loaded the setup defaults and then correctly set the date and time..

HP Recommended

> Fan detection error. 901- Chassis Fan Not Detected (Rear). 

> Chassis fan is not connected or may have malfunctioned. Press ENTER to continue. 

That is *BAD* news when a cooling fan fails -- it may result in the computer overheating, and needing expensive repairs.

Since it is an "All-In-One", you cannot really do what one would do if it were a "desktop tower", namely to remove one side-panel, to get a clear look at the fan, and then turning the computer on, to see if the fan "spins" properly.

All you can try is to peek through the ventilation slits, with the computer turned off, looking for the fan blades.

Then, turn the computer on, and watch for the blades to move.

Or, feel with the hair on your arms for an "outflow" of warm air from the fan.

It's time to find a professional computer technician, before you cause bigger problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.