Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion p6-2100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Letters are worn off on some keys on my keyboard so is it possible to replace just the keys. Where can i purchase them and how much.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@buddy75

Computer:

HP Pavilion p6-2100 Desktop PC series

Depending on the keyboard, it may or may not be a reasonable option to replace individual keys:  the keys may or may not be easily removed and then replaced.

Try / Consider the option to add "key cover" stickers for those keys where the key letter has worn.

For example, the following offering is from a well known online market:

REPLACEMENT ENGLISH US KEYBOARD STICKERS BLACK BACKGROUND FOR DESKTOP, LAPTOP AND NOTEBOOK

I am not advocating you purchase from one store or another -- the intent is to provide a "place to start".

More...

From the Specifications, the model = QW795AA

If you like, you can replace the entire keyboard

Not your model number?  Check the following for your particular system / model:

Product Information > Specifications

Next, check for Parts:

Open Parts Surfer

• Select a Country and then enter your device Product Number in the Quick Search box.
  • To see a system-specific list, enter your Serial Number in place of the Product Number.
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase.

Parts may be available from

HP Parts Store

See the FAQ section onf the Parts Store page for more information, including how to order-by-phone.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.