cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JaredB97
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

can my computer take a graphics card update?

HP Recommended
h8-1417c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I'm just wandering if my computer can take a new graphics card I got a nvidia 630 in it right now But I want to upgrade it too something more current like a 1050 If its possible

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,742 6,726 634 1,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JaredB97

You are good to go.

Your PC has a UEFI BIOS, a 460 watt power supply, and a PCIe x16 3.0 slot on the motherboard.

Verify the new graphics card will  fit in the chassis (length).

Before installing the new card you you need to uninstall current graphics driver. You also need to enter the BIOS, disable Secure Boot then enable Legacy Boot.

Exit and save changes. Now enter the four digit on screen code to confirm the change.

Grzy

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation