cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bers01
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

conversion to SSD, new SSD does not line up by 1/8 inch physically

HP Recommended
Smart Touch 520-1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have run into a problem with physically installing a SSD on upgrade.  I am using a Crucial SSD Install Ket and have a WD PC SSD.  When the SSD is mounted in the old drive mount utilizing the install kit, the connections do not line up by about 1/8 inch.  In my computer the computers connection is fixed.  Appreciate any support.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,639 24,291 2,836 10,376
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bers01, welcome to the forum.

If you don't move the computer from one place to another, it would not be a problem to simply leave the SSD unsecured or use velcro to hold it in place if you move it.  I have done this many times with SSD's and HDD's without any problems.  Also, you could enlarge the holes in the SSD adapter.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation