cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nh2017
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

cpu wont start

HP Recommended
hp pavillion 7966
Microsoft Windows XP

I recently moved my older pavillion 7966 from one table to another, all of the cables were disconnected while moving. After reattachement the cpu will not start when pushing or holding in the start button on the front.  the green light on the back above the plug in wire is on. I replaced the interior "wafer" battery but no difference.  Any other suggestions or ideas of what may have happened?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @nh2017, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that your PC will not power on.

Thanks for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned replacing the power supply is not making any difference on your PC.

I would think it could be a system board issue, You have to replace the system board.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation