Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I got a digital picture frame from my son last year for Christmas and I am putting together a new memory card for my sister of her grandson and when I load the memory card on my viewer, it reads "Format not supported"

Ok, then if I take this same memory card to my laptop, I have no problems loading it and getting a slide show with no problems.

What's going on?

I have read my manual and can't find anything in reference to this....

Help me please

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the format of photos on the card ? A computer can read many formats but a picture frame normally can ONLY read 1 to 2 formats.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

all the pictures are .jpeg format

How would I format the memory card?  if that is the problem?

Thanks for replying, this is really important to me as it is for my sister.

Many thanks,

jo

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

(a) Use FAT format on a card and use card which is lt 4Gb (my photo frame does not know other formats).

or

(b) Convert jpeg to jpg files

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much I'll try anything at this point, I just wiped clean the memory card of the photo's I added to it so I have a clean one now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.