Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i just bought a hp pavilion touchsmart pc 10 and i been trying to download the window app for facebook and everytime i try to do so it says " this app wasn't installed-view details" and when i view the details it says " something happened and this app couldn't be installed. Please try againg. Error code: 0x80070490" how can i fixed these????????

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello carolina52,

There's a Windows article on this error code your'e experiencing.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044/

In short, it instructs you to do the following.

1. Press and hold the Windows key and press Q
2. In the search box, type "cmd" (without quotes)
3. Right click the first result and click "Run as administrator"
4. In the CMD window (black console) type the two following commands, press enter after typing them, one at a time.

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Let me know if you're experiencing any issues performing these actions.

Best regards,
Kyte

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

when i right click it dosent give me the option to "run administration" it only says :

1. open link in new tab
  2. open link in new window
  3. open link incognito window
  4. save link as
  5. copy link address
  6. inspect element 

HP Recommended

carolina52... are you are right clicking Kyte's link he gave you inside Google Chrome's browser?

IF so, thats not what he is telling you to do. 

If it helps you better, print the instructions Kyte gave you and close out of Chrome.

On your keyboard, there is the Windows key. It looks like the photo below.

Press and hold the Windows key and press the Q key.

WindowsKey-.jpg

The desktop will display your Apps and on the right side, you should see the Search bar.

Type the letters cmd inside it.

Search.jpg

You will see the CMD app appear. Right click on that to give it a check mark and on the bottom, select Run as Administrator.

CMD run as admin.jpg

Now you can follow the instructions as Kyte gave you in the Command Prompt.

cmd.jpg

Type in the first sentence:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

and press the Enter key.

Now type the second sentence:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

and press the Enter key again.

When its done you can exit out of the commmand prompt.

If this works, be sure to mark Kyte's post as Solved.

HP Recommended

when i search it dosent give it to me as app it send me to google crome

HP Recommended

i did what you say i found it as an app and i run it as administratlion and i type the 2 phrases and i try to download the facebook app but it still show me as an error.

HP Recommended

Are you using Windows 8 or 8.1?

Go to Computer like you did for CMD (Search bar and type in Computer) and this time at the bottom, click Properties.

When the box opens it will tell you if you have 8 or 8.1.

Your computer should have come with 8.1 but best to make sure.

If your using 8, the Facebook app will not work. Only on 8.1.

HP Recommended

i have   window microsoft 8.1

HP Recommended

I see a lot of people get this error now.

I found some key points in the Windows Eight Forum that talked about this.

I dont know what else to say for this.

The big fix from what I am reading on various forums is to do a system reset back to factory to fix the registry issues.

2 things I would try before you do this is:

1). Check to see if you have the C:\Windows\AppReadiness folder. If you do not, then create a new folder named AppReadiness.

C:\Windows folder, restart the PC, and try installing the app again.

2). If you have AMD graphics with the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) installed, then double check in CCC to make sure that you have Morphological Filtering unchecked to be turned off. It has been reported as causing issues with some apps being able to open when turned on.

If the Facebook app is not installing, chances are some of your other apps will get the same error.

IF you go the route of doing a system reset to factory, make sure to back up all your important files first as the C drive will be reformatted. 

I would also burn your HP recovery disks (if you havent already) before you do anything else. Its just a good thing to have them anyway.

From the Start screen, type Recovery and select the HP Recovery Manager.

Select HP Media Creation and follow the instructions it gives you.

You will probably have the option to create DVDs or use a USB thumb drive but then again you didnt say which model of Pavillion Touchsmart 10 you have. There are several.

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions provided. and ran Method 1.  No discrepancies.   I tried to update again.  Same error.

When I tried to run method 2 I received an error.  "The online/cleanp-up command is unknown.  Same for the Restore prompt.

What next

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.