Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hola comento mi problema acabo de comprar un HDD nuevo para un P6 Pavilon HP porque el antiguo disco duro me sale un error al iniciar de 1720 Fallo inminente del disco duro Attri 05 y para cargar Windows me decía presionar F1 busque en varios foro y nada decidí comprar uno de 1TB y ahora resulta que la PC lo reconoce la BIOS también, pero al encender me aparece un error "error no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed" intento clonarlo con el viejo disco con el xxclone y sigue el mensaje tambien quise instalar el SO en F11 y no me deja ya que se quita rápidamente y no se que hacer el disco lo he puesto en otra pc al estar nuevo no sale ese mensaje de "error no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed" solo en el P6 pavilon... he revisado los cables SATA. espero haberme explicado bien pero estoy intranquilo con esto gracias de antemano.

Hi I comment my problem I just bought a new HDD for a P6 Pavilon HP because the old hard disk I get an error when starting from 1720 Atriable failure of the hard disk Attri 05 and to load Windows I said press F1 look at several forum and nothing decided Buy one from 1TB and now it turns out that the PC recognizes the BIOS as well, but when I turn it on I get an error "no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed" I try to clone it with the old disk with the xxclone and follow the message I also wanted to install the OS in F11 and it does not leave me since it is removed quickly and I do not know what to do the disk I have put in another pc to be new it does not leave that message of "error no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed "Only in the P6 pavilion ... I have checked the SATA cables. I hope I have explained well but I am uneasy with this thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

>>> We are only able to reply to posts written in English.

The author DID WRITE IN ENGLISH:

Hi I comment my problem I just bought a new HDD for a P6 Pavilon HP because the old hard disk I get an error when starting from 1720 Atriable failure of the hard disk Attri 05 and to load Windows I said press F1 look at several forum and nothing decided Buy one from 1TB and now it turns out that the PC recognizes the BIOS as well, but when I turn it on I get an error "no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed" I try to clone it with the old disk with the xxclone and follow the message I also wanted to install the OS in F11 and it does not leave me since it is removed quickly and I do not know what to do the disk I have put in another pc to be new it does not leave that message of "error no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed "Only in the P6 pavilion ... I have checked the SATA cables. I hope I have explained well but I am uneasy with this thanks in advance.

As they say in Norway "UFF DA".

HP Recommended

If the first disk-drive is reporting "imminent failure", it is not "100%-dead".  Not yet.

If your computer is running Windows 8 ...

If you can still boot into Windows from this disk, you can use a program (on the 'C:' drive) to create a "System Recovery Set".  This "set" is either one 16GB USB memory-stick, or a few DVD-recordable disks.  This "set" is used to reinstall Windows 8 (preferably onto your new disk-drive).

After making that "set", take an external disk-drive, and make a copy of your files/bookmarks/music/pictures/E-mail onto that external drive.

Reinstall Windows 8, from the above "set" onto the new disk-drive.

Reload your files from the external drive.

If your computer is running Windows 10 ...

You have a "digital entitlement" to install Windows 10 at any time, at no cost to you.

On a "working" computer, download Windows 10 from:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

and write it to either one USB memory-stick, or a few DVD-recordable disks.

Use this "System Recovery" to reinstall Windows 10.

When asked for a 25-character product-key, click "I do not have one".

Windows will "activate", over the Internet.

Then, connect your "old" disk-drive as a "slave" disk-drive, and copy your files from "old" to "new".

HP Recommended

Note: "ATTRIBUTE 05" is "Retired Block Count".

The disk-drive has "spare" blocks. 

If the disk-drive detects a "bad" block, it will redirect all the I/O requests to one of those "spare" blocks,

and add '1' to the count of "retired" blocks.

If it has been necessary for your disk-drive to do this "replacement" too many times, then you get the "imminent failure" message. 

It is a "warning" that the disk-drive is not in perfect condition, and will soon need to be replaced.

Compare to an automobile mechanic telling you that one of your automobile tires needs to be replaced, either immediately, or within 30 days.  You might still be able to drive on that tire, for a short time, but you should replace it.

HP Recommended
Hello my computer works with windows 7 and since the Bios recognizes the hard drive but when starting that error
HP Recommended

> my computer works with windows 7

OK. What model-number?

There should be a "decal" on the side/bottom of the computer, stating "Windows 7 Home Edition" or "Windows 7 Professional", plus a 25-character product key.

If you can find a friend with the matching "retail" Windows 7 DVD, you can install Windows onto your computer, using that DVD and your new disk-drive, and your product-key.

> and since the Bios recognizes the hard drive but when starting that error 

The purpose of the "press F1 to continue" is to get you to stop and read the "imminent failure" message.

After pressing F1, does your computer still load Windows ?

If so, then you should be able to use "disk-cloning" software to copy all the partitions from "old" disk to "new" disk.

If the new disk is made by SEAGATE or by WESTERN DIGITAL, there is *free* "disk-cloning" software that you can download from www.seagate.com or www.wd.com

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.