cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jen-fur
Level 1
8 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

forgot password

HP Recommended
pavilion 6612
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have forgotton my password, sadly enough. I have relocated and my computer has been in storage since Sept 2016.

At my residence all they have is wireless for they're phones and tablets. My next question....is my computer wifi ready? I can't remember if it is. However, before I relocated I had a copier, scanner,fax all in one set up wireless. So did I answer my own question? I'm not very good when it comes to this kind of stuff. I woud really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you very much.

jennifer in Idaho

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,194 11,134 2,205 4,490
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jennifer,

Please provide the exact model number so that we can see if there is wifi hardware on PC. Here is HP document showing how to find model number:

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/bph07555

What password have you forgotten? The bios (startup) or Windows password?

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation