Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have 150mb internet speed into my home through comcast, however my new pavilion 550-a114 is only getting about 70mps but a laptop from my isp is getting the full 150mps plus.  I read on a forum that the amd processor has a program called qucik stream that might be the issue.  If this is correct how do I disable it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Before uninstalling, read this white paper to do a demo on the laptop that isnt giving you an issue. This will tell you whether or not quickstream is the culprit...

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/AMD_Quick_Stream_2.0_Showcase.pdf

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input, however the laptop that we used to test the modem speeds belonged to Comcast installer so that's not an option.  I talked with Best Buy and they told me the amd chip is not fast enough and I would need to upgrade to a faster computer.  Makes no sense to me.  On my wi fi network I can get 140mps speeds with my Galaxy S5 phone.  My knowledge is limited for sure, but common sense tells me that if my phone can get these speeds the new computer should too!

HP Recommended

Go to control panel > network and internet > network and sharing center > change adapter settings (left hand side) > then click on your connection whether you are on wifi or wired > then click on "change settings of this connection" > when the box pops up look for "AppEx Accelerator" and click on it (highlight it don't click the box) then click on "uninstall", then click ok.  Then run a speed test and you will be back to normal speeds.  I had this issue for the past few weeks all of a sudden where my download speed on speed tests were very low and after a week of research online I came across this information earlier today.  I checked and sure enough once I uninstalled it my speeds were back to normal.  Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

Thank you for that.  Once I uninstalled that program my speed went back to normal too!

HP Recommended

THere is some truth that an onlder PC or laptop wont beable to run a 50+/50+ mbps connection.  I've witnessed this issue with clients before who had a 100+ connection and only his brand new Mac could max out on a speed test.  However any PC/laptop made in the last 10 years will be able to run AT LEAST upto a 50/50 mbps speed.  Phones, especcialy new ones, can potentially run faster speeeds then an older pc/laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.