Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how to tell date of manufacture of 1q524 NC701AA-ABA from serial number or how to look up?

when were they first introduced?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

dlkegarise

See here for the release date. For the serial number the typical format is to have the 4th, 5th, and 6th characters to reference when the product was built.  The first character is the year date (Y) and the next two (WW), the week in that year it was made.

CCSYWWZZZZ  

Hope this helps you and anwsers your questions.  Regards.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
HP Recommended

hey thanks, I did not know that

HP Recommended

I would like to know the manufacture date of my designjet. Model # Q1272a serial # [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Can you help me to find the YOM for serial No [moderator edited serial number]

HP Recommended

The 4th, 5th, and 6th characters in the serial number of my HP laptop are 214. To what year does the 2 refer, 2012, 2002, or what? I get that the 14 refers to the 14th week of the year, but I cannot decode the year. Please help. Thanks.

Ron

HP Recommended

@dlkegarise wrote:

how to tell date of manufacture of 1q524 NC701AA-ABA from serial number or how to look up?

when were they first introduced?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.