Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It just started.  The last time I used HP Assistant (several weeks ago), it worked just fine.  Now, it says "No Device Detected".  I uninstalled, downloaded the latest version, and reinstalled.  It still does not work.

The strange thing is that even when I go to Support on the hp site and try to detect my system, it fails, too!

Help!!!

Clem

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

Require a couple of answers :

When does it say "No device detected" ? During installation, post installation, adding a device ?

From where did you download the latest version ?

What were the last changes (hw/sw) you made to pc ? When was this ?

Can you click a pic and attach as well with the error message ?

Thanks.

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem has you do.  My advice and what i am doing is drop kicking my hpe235f into the trash can and never buying another hp product again.  I was stupid and purchased this pavillion after having one other that was just a mess from the start, stupid stupid me.  I went and bought and put together a machine that ran fantastic for years until I thought i should upgrade and broke down and bought this hp, sad, sic company. This is just the beginning of our sorrows with these machines, I can't take anymore bull*!!t.  I'm out............

HP Recommended

Hi...

Here are the answers to your questions...

When... since reinstalling the HP Support Assistant, no info shown for my HP Envy 700-406. So, every time I click Add a Device to try and get info, I get the results shown below...

HP_SA_04-06-17.png

Where... I downloaded it from hp.com

Changes... the last change made was to add RAM.  However, that was done many months ago and I've successfully run the Support Assistant since then... until it stopped opening sometime within the last month.

I hope you can point me in the right direction.  When my PC runs, it runs great!

Clem

HP Recommended

Hello

I have never encountered this.

My Suggestion : try uninstalling and reinstalling the software from the following website :

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

If this does not fix the issue then call up HP Support @18004746836 to get a fix. There is something special here.

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.