cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bill122
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

install clean win7 on pavillion p6107c hardware not supported?

HP Recommended
pavilion 6107
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an old pavillion p6107c pc that came with vista and I got a win7 upgrade from hp.  I wanted to install a clean win7 install NOT an upgrade but everything I try it complains that the hardware is not supported and aborts the install.   Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Weird.

From: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/3942799/model/39...

HP supplies device-drivers for 64-bit Windows 7.

your computer was originally shipped with "Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center (64-bit) with Vista Service Pack 1".

Your computer greatly exceeds the "minimums" for 64-bit  Windows 7 (1.0 Ghz, and 2  GB RAM).

Any information on which component triggers the error-message?

Is it possible for you to find a friend with a  "retail" copy of Windows Vista 64-bit, and install it?

(Note that *ALL* the versions of Vista (Basic, Home, Professional) are on the same DVD disk.

Just do not enter the 25-character product-key.

Then, rerun the HP Windows 7 installer.

Or, since you have a license-key for Windows 7, you can download the software, and use your license-key.

Access the HP Support web-site to add all the device-drivers for the HP-specific hardware.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation