Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am a previous poster of this thread whose MB died and who will NEVER buy another HP anything. I can not forget, as long as I live, how HP got over on me. Believe me HP this will have repercussions on your business. It's simple. I tell two friends, those friends each tell two friends and so and and so on. I will never forget this and will tell as many people as I can about how HP screwed me. But, hey, have it your way and good luck. NEVER FORGET PEOPLE!!!

HP Recommended

^ well we got the same sentiment! im a computer technician in houston and i got a lot of clients. never will i ever recommend HP again! 

HP Recommended
Another p6142 bites the dust. The navida chip is toast, the soldier connecters are melted. Bought 2 of these at the same time. Need to open one that is still runing and check it out. Maybe install the suggested fan. Not sure what I will do with the bad one. I will not replace with another HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks to those two pioneers who tried HighPoint Rocket620 PCE to Sata adaptor cards. As reported previously, my PC only had SATA controller issues, all other things were working fine.
Bought the card from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.ca/HighPoint-Rocket620-SATA-PCI-Express-Controller/dp/B002VEWBGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF...
Plugged in the adapter, moved two SATA cables to it. Then boot up. Oops, blue screen. But not a big deals. Since it has a big hardware change, I need a complete OS fresh install (Which I had been dreaming about for a while). Did the fresh windows 7 installations. For the Windows 7 64 bit, the adaptor needs special driver. Thanks to the guy on Amazon who reported where to download the driver:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Google this: S6M2 SATA6G (V1.0) (first hit/result)
From the ECS website
The download package is named: SATA60.zip
-------------------------------------------------------------
Then a few unknown devices needed automatic driver update. Done!
Now I have a fully working system!
A little bit tips here. Since DVD booting option is not available anymore (reported by the first pioneer reported using it), you need to make a USB installation media. Procedure is here (Assuming you have got a Genuine Windows 7 DVD with you, my PC came with one):
1. Create an ISO image file from the Windows 7 disk.
2. Use isoavdpcopy.exe to modify the ISO file. The reason is here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mis_laboratory/archive/2012/01/30/using-the-windows-7-usb-download-tool-with...
3. Use Windows7-USB-DVD-tool to prepare the USB installation media.
4. Use the USB drive to install the OS.
Thanks again for all the guys shared their experience on the Internet with us!
Good luck!

HP Recommended

The motherboard is dead!!  If you can find a replacement by all means fit it, but it will ultimately fail again.

Fitting another make of board will not be recognised by the HP Recovery software, you will need to purchase a standalone OS (ie; Windows 7).

Do what I have done and buy a different make to replace it ( in my case, we bought our son a Lenovo, which was previously IBM).

Good luck in your decision making!

HP Recommended

Read through the pages. There are MANY boards listed that will work.

HP Recommended

Yesterday my wife and I went out to purchase a laptop. Because of the motherboard problem I encounterd last year and the lack of HP doing anything about it, we purchased a Dell. HP lost our business!

HP Recommended

Yes I agree, but not with HP Recovery disks, which look for an HP signature on the new board. All alternative boards will work, but require the loading separately rendering the machine non-HP.

HP Recommended

But you can just use an OEM windows dvd and they key on the side of the case.

HP Recommended

I hope to run this post past the 30 page point.

I read all the comments in this post after i; purchased a new hard drive, spent 2+ hours on the phone with HP,  and on their advice purchased recovery disks from them because mine were Bad. Actually the disks were not bad(remember the problem here). 

So i took my computer to the little computer store down the road and they put in a new ASROCK N68C-S UCC and did some trickery on the windows.   Yes My recovery disks Are now uselesss.  They even reconnected my original hard drive as if nothing happened except the fan got louder, so I turned up the Music volume, i can replace the fan with the right one later.

So now to the latest part of the Story with a little background thrown in.

When HP convinced me that the recovery disks i burned were no good i purchased new ones from them just to be safe because i hought my HD was bad and i needed these to install a new one.

HP sent me the CD 2 days later.

I got my computer fixed with out them.

HP then sends me an envelope with one CD in and a letter that said thrown out the other 3 disks and install these new ones.  remember they only sent me one CD. WT?

A few days after this they send me another envelope with a similar letter that said to use these new ones.

I try contacting HP to ask for a refund and I'm basically get told "To efin bad" because the purchase was software and i may have copied it first and am going to pirate it.  Remember i don't have to pirate it i have 3 and 1/3 sets of this including my original that i dont need anymore.  remember i replaced the motherboard. 

So it was an adventure.  At this point I would just like to hear HP say "we admit there is a problem"

"WHAT WAS THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU THE FANS TOO LOUD

KEVIN

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.