Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There should be one large 24pin connector and a 4 pin connector. Sounds like you got the small one, hard to miss the large one.

HP Recommended

Hi Yes i got the 4 Pin 2-yellow 2- black wires, I also got a 24 Pin Mother Board the Plug on my New 500 Watt PSU has a 20 Pin with the Clip on it,and a extra 4 Pin plug not attached to the 20 pin, and both the 20 pin and smaller 4 pin have white arrows on them, Do the Arrows go in the same direction or do they point towards each other?   Thanks Again 

HP Recommended
Farrowz, contacted HP again and the rep I spoke with admitted nothing and claimed to have no clue about the problem. It's hit and miss with these people.
HP Recommended

My m2n78-la is doing the same as all the others. Does not recognize my drives.

Just like to say thanks for all the info. Wish I'd checked in before replacing the hard drive.... but what's a hundred bucks, eh HP? You thievin' bunch of  sob's!

HP Recommended

Same problem here, this thread was very informative and helpful, thanks to all.

Bought a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H on ebay for 50$

Replaced MoBo & clean install of windows 7 and got everything working great.

The CPU Fan was spinning too fast ( & noisy ) at idle but manage to slow it down with the gigabyte easy tune 6 utility.

HP Recommended

not sure how it took me so long to find this message board!  oh wait, that's right, I DON'T HAVE A WORKING COMPUTER!

same problem.  M2N78-LA motherboard went to sleep one night and didn't wake up.  Drives not recognized (neither hard drive nor DVD).  I had a friend check my hard drive and it's fine. 

time to contact HP about warranty.  I don't know when it's up.

HP Recommended

Hp's warranty is 1 year. Being 2012 I highly doubt they will do anything for you. Better off buying a better mobo for $50 anyways

HP Recommended

I replaced mine with a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P. It fits, your original processor and RAM will work in it, the wire connectors all match up (even the front panel one works) and the only problem I had was the system fan wires being slightly short but I just untwisted the wires to get the extra half inch I needed and eveything works great. Its a cheap board too less than $70 new if you shop around. You will have to re-install windows though. 

HP Recommended

Another one bites the dust !  p6320f.  When problems started, S.M.A.R.T. status said HDD failure imminent.  It wasn't until I puchased a new HDD and pinned out voltages from the PSU that I began to suspect a MOBO issue and found this thread.  I am also upset that I had posted in another area of this forum when problems first began and was led to beleive HDD fault.  I have followed escallation link.  See what happens.  This sucks.

HP Recommended
Hi there. Just read this thread to find out my pc died too. My model is: e1920y. I see u managed to get urs working. How? I saw the mobo model on amazon, but I have never replaced one myself. A bit scared tho. If u cud tell me what to do I go ahead and buy it and install it. Ps: do I need extra parts?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.