Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ELITE DESK 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have several HP Elite Desk 800 Desktop PCs.  These units have Display port connections to a monitor and an HDMI Switcher.  The switcher allows a user to choose between the PC and an input plate for Laptop HDMI/VGA connections.  The problem is that after swithcing away from and then back to the PC as a source, the display priority changes and I can't get an image.  When I am able to get an image the promary and secondary display options have changed. 

I'd like to set the primary display as the monitor with video only and the secondary display as the switcher, which would carry video and audio, without any user adjustments.  I would also consider using VGA for the monitor and Display port-1 for the switcher.  Can I modify the bios settings, so that the PC will boot up and always stay in this configuration?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Which HP Elite Desk 800 is it?   Mini, G1, G2?

There have been many configurations of that model available in the marketplace.

Without your help in specifically identifying yours with its product number from the service tag that should be on the rear or side of the PC, it is almost impossible to answer your query.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My apologies.  These units are G2

HP Recommended

Is it the tower, mini or SFF type HP Elite 800 G2?

A product number would have actually given me all of that information.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.