cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mustangmike3302
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

remove bios password on a hp 23 all in one pc can't recovery os

HP Recommended
hp privillion 23 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a hp 23 all in one pc and my pc crashed i am trying to run recovery at boot up but it keeps asking for a password and i don't remember setting one but i guess i did. i tried removing the battery same issue. tried jumping the pins on board same issue? I don't want to replace the motherboard for a bios password I hope some one can help its a 23-g011

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mustangmike3302

When asked for the password, just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

0 Kudos
mustangmike3302
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I only get a * at bottom no error code?

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> tried jumping the pins on board 

Sometimes, on some motherboards, just "jumping" those pins is not enough.  There are other actions, such as powering-on, that are required.

However, there seems to be an "unwritten" rule on this forum that discourages respondents from giving advice on how to bypass power-on passwords and BIOS-setup passwords on "portable" (and thus easier to steal) laptops, notebooks, and All-In-One systems.  So, to avoid getting "scolded" by a Provost or a Moderator, I'll stop typing right here.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation